There’s yet another reason to be a happy resident of Tuscaloosa and that is Craigslist used cars Tuscaloosa Alabama. Getting a FSBO deal for under a grand is easier than ever as many people are practically giving their automobiles away. If you are looking for a great deal on a car then there is no better place.
Cars in Tuscaloosa on Craigslist
The deals change from day to day but one thing remains constant and that is the lower than book value prices that you should expect to pay for a car. Finding a car for under $1000 can take some time and patients but just about anyone can do it. For demonstrative purposes, here are a few rides that you can find for 1k or less.
2002 Kia Rio
Sometimes, people almost give away cars because they are unaware of their true problem. Take for instance this 02 Kia Rio that someone is selling in Northport AL. This car looks great with the exception of a few dents here and there. The seller claims that the engine is bad and needs to be replaced. In many cases, the engine will not necessarly have to be replaced. This is one ride that may be worth looking into.
1996 Pontiac Firebird
Are you looking for a sharp powerful ride that will without a doubt turn some heads? Consider this 96 Firebird made by Pontiac. This ride recently suffered some tornado damage and could use a new t top. One nice feature with this car is that it has the t-tops which are removable and allow the sunlight in. It has 186,000 original miles and if well taken care of will see many more years to come. The seller says that it runs good. Best of all this is a $1000 car!
1990 Chevy work truck 1500
Good work trucks are hard to come by these days. Take a look at this 1990 Chevy 1500 series 1/2 ton pickup truck. This regular cab truck even comes with the 20″ rims and tires that still have half their tread on them. It appears to have a standard 8 foot bed and could use a little paint. Otherwise seems like it would be worth checking out. This truck is selling for only $1000.
1995 Chevrolet Lumina
This is one ugly ride but for only $500 you really can’t beat it. The seller says it has over 300k but is still running strong. This Lumina likely features the 3.1 V6 engine which was an excellent engine made by GM. It also likely has an automatic transmission as most of these do. The seller says that it is still driveable but could use a new door and CD player. This beast will sound great going down the road with its straight pipe exhaust system. Pick it up in Tuscaloosa for only $500 and you can be on the road today.
1986 Chevy full size truck
1986 Chevrolet full size pickup. Comes with a 350 v8 engine that needs some work. Has functioning heating and air condition system which is a plus. This truck is located in the Tuscaloosa Newport area and is priced to sell. The seller has indicated that you can call for more information or to make an offer which means that he may be willing to go lower on this price. If you are looking for a good work truck I will give a $500 offer if everything is good on it.
Find a car for less than $1000
If money is a bit tight in Tuscaloosa, you are not alone. There are many people that are looking for a deal but only have $1000 to spend. If this sounds like the challenge that you face, listen up for some solid advice on buying a cheap car on Craigslist.
Follow these simple steps and get the car that will get you around for the least amount of money possible.
- Browse Craigslist on a daily basis for cars that are under 1k. They go just as fast as they appear so you will need to be on top of this. I like to set up an update feed that lets me receive updates whenever they become available. Doing so will allow you to be one of the first to see a deal and jump on it before anyone else does.
- Cars are sometimes dumped in this price range meaning that the seller knows it has a problem but is unwilling to disclose it. For this reason it is always a great idea to examine any deal that you are interested in closely before making a purchase. Failure to do so can be very costly and set you back.
- Always remember to negotiate with the seller and try to get the lowest price possible. Many people like to practice listing their cars higher than they are actually seeking because they know that the buyer is going to come along and give a low ball offer. Knowing this, it is never good to pay full asking price.
- When buying a car in this price range, keep in mind that you are not looking for a work of art. Many of these cars are old, beat up and not in the best shape. What counts is how well it is maintained internally. Ensure that the car is mechanically sound and then take cosmetics into consideration second. This is a common mistake as some will go for the appearance of the car and ignore its ability to function as a car.
- Watch out for questionable sellers. If a seller seems to be hiding something, he or she likely is. There are lots of cars to choose from so don’t spend too much effort looking at just one.’
Here are some examples of the cars that you will find in this price range.
- 2001 Dodge Intrepid 3.5 L engine
- 1992 Honda Accord
- 1995 Chevy Lumina
- 1968 Ford F150
- 2000 Ford Mustang
- 1990 Ford Aerostar van
- 1998 chevy truck
- 1998 Lincoln Towncar
- 1986 Ford Mustang
- 1986 Toyota 4×4 truck
- 1989 nissan hardbody truck
- 1988 mazda RX7
- 1996 Buick Century
- 1978 Chevy Elcamino
- 1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse
- 1984 Toyota pickup truck
- 1996 Chevy S10 pickup truck
- 1994 Toyota Corolla