When buying used stuff, Mobile Alabama Craigslist is like the Super Walmart of preowned items. Everything is on sale and if you catch it right, you can get a pretty sweet deal yourself. Lets take a look at some really great deals that are currently posted on Craigslist.
Cheap cars in Mobile under $2000
Many Mobile residents today are searching for a deal on a car for less than $2000. There are some very drivable cars available within this price range and if you have the cash then you can be driving today. Here are a few that I came across while looking into this.
Grab a used 1998 Ford Contour sport 4 door family car. This car gets really great gas mileage with a small v6 engine. The seller says that is has no major defects such as rust, cracked class, dents, dings, etc. The list price on this car is $2000 but the owner has posted or best offer. This simply means that he will take less than what he is asking.
You can get a Ford Explorer XLT sports utility vehicle for only $1,200. This particular SUV features 2wd and has an automatic transmission powered by a powerful v6 engine. The overall mechanical condition is good but the owner says it need a little TLC meaning that it needs to be cleaned up or needs minor repairs. Comes with BFG goodrich tires and has a total of 151k miles.
Want to trade? There is a seller who is looking to trade his 91 camaro RS V6 for another car or $1600 in cash. This may be worth looking into.
1997 Chevy silverado 1/2 ton featuring the Z71 package and 4 wheel drive. This truck only has 115k miles and has a new transmission in it. It has been well taken care of with all the basics covered such as battery, belts, water pump. The seller has all of the maintenance records to show what was done to it. Best of all, this truck is priced to sell. You can not beat this deal at only $2000!
Older trucks are also available such as the GMC Sierra 1/2 ton pickup. While its old, it does come with a nice new set of tires which can be expensive. It is a 2wd and needs a little TLC but can make a really great work truck. For $1500 you can take it home.
In search of a cheap and dependable car? The 1997 Volkswagon Jetta gets great gas mileage and has a five speed manual transmission. It’s a 4 door and could make a really great project car for anyone able to do the work. The car needs a few sensors and has a leak or two. Overall mileage is 170k and the owner is only asking $1,200 for it.
Get a Kia Sportage 2000 model with a fuel sipping four cyl engine and five speed tranny. This car could use a tuneup and needs a new windshield and a few other small repairs. Air condition works and the tires have quite a bit of life left in the. Has all the power features including power door and power locks. This seller is only looking for $1800 cold hard cash and will not accept any other forms of payment.
Free stuff in Mobile on Craigslist
Sometimes its hard to believe that people are just giving great stuff away. Take a look at all the free stuff in the mobile craigslist section. Get a load of mulch, top soil, fill, firewood, just about anything imaginable including dogs and cats.
Motorcycles and ATV’s
Looking for a new toy? There are lots of these to be found in Mobile. Here are a few deals that you may want to consider.
- Nice looking 2005 Harley Sportster 1200C model motorcycle . It has everything imaginable with no details left out. Includes a $100 saddlebad and aftermarket 3 beam headlight system. In addition you can enjoy a $300 aftermarket backrest and luggage rack. This bike has almost new tires and features lots of chrome. Mike is selling this hog for only $5000 but is willing to trade for another bike.
- Want a bad bike on a budget? Pick up this all black and chrome 08 Yamaha Vstar which features a powerful 650cc engine. This bike less than 5,000 miles on it and is very fast.
- If you have a few bucks to spend and want a really nice bike, consider this 2006 Harley Dyna Wide Glide. Has all the add ons including saddle bags, footpegs and Kuryakyn Handle grips. Has a ton of other add ons including a lindby crash bar and luggage rack made by motherwell. Also features break away cruise. It doesn’t get much better than this. Nice, smooth and powerful and priced to sell at $10,000.
- All terrain vehicles are also available. If found this Polaris Range Crew ATV 2010 model for $8500. This comes with all the bells and whistles including power steering and of course all wheel drive. It is powered by a powerful 800 twin cylinder engine and at this price, everything is functioning.
All of the best deals can be found right in your backyard when you search Mobile Alabama Craigslist for anything automotive. Buyers and sellers alike use this website to buy, sell and trade just about anything imaginable. Here are a few tips that you may want to consider to avoid getting scammed on your next car, truck or motorcycle deal.
- Only deal with people that you are able to speak to on the phone. If the seller only wants to communicate via email and refuses to speak on the phone run the other way.
- When buying a bike, ensure that it is not stolen. There are so many on the market these days that have been lifted out of someones yard or from a parking lot. Don’t buy a bike that someone has stolen. Make sure everything check out before handing over the cash.
- Check the listings every day as new ones are posted on a regular basis. Craigslist updates every 15 mins so you may want to check back sooner so that you don’t miss a really great deal.
- Don’t forget to negotiate with the seller. There is usually a bit of wiggle room but be aware that some sellers are not willing to negotiate.